6+ Terms You Need To Know If You're Going to Disney World
Maybe you're thinking about going to Disney World for the first time. Maybe you've been, but it was YEARS ago. Or maybe you been before but didn't really know what you were doing.
Either way, what's typed below was typed for you.
Because Disney World is a BEAST. You know, in a.. nice princely-used-to-be-a-beast-but-now-I'm-a-handsome-prince kinda way. Or maybe a more accurate description would be in a 'Chewy' kinda way. Yeah, I think that sums it up better.
But for real. Disney World is literally... it's own world. With it's own special way of doing things. Soooo it can be bit overwhelming; and if you're new to it (or even old to it, because everything is constantly changing) you can easily miss something important that is crucial to making your Disney vacation absolutely amazing.
So today, I wanted to give you some help. Although there are probably hundreds of 'Disney World Terms' I could share with you... I wanted to make sure you knew 6 that are really important. They will help you plan, make decisions about your vacation, and of course, keep you in the 'know'.
1. Value/Moderate/Deluxe Resorts: Disney World offers their very own Resort Hotels! Which can be preeettty awesome. They immerse you in all kinds of different cultures, locales and themes! Truly making for a one-of-a-kind vacation and adding to the 'Disney Magic'. But, not all of the Disney property resorts were created equally. From the bottom up, each tier gets a little bigger and better. The resort tiers differ in many ways.. but these 5 are the biggest differences, going up from Value -> Moderate -> Deluxe:
- Larger Rooms
- More on-site activities & recreation options
- More dining options
- Pool size. Value resorts have more basic (but fun) pools, while moderate and deluxe have different combinations of water slides, toddler play areas, etc.
- Bed size. (Although some of the value resorts are beginning to be updated with queen size beds, most of them still have double size)
- Price. Value resorts are wonderful for families who don't mind less amenities and/or have smaller budgets. Deluxe resorts were created for guests who want a little more luxury, more on-site resort options, and completely immersive themeing while on their Disney World Vacation. While moderates are somewhere in-between!
2. Disney Springs: The often over looked area of Disney World because it's not a 'park'. But don't think that just because it doesn't have a roller coaster, that it's something you should skip. It is one of the best places to shop, eat and play at Disney World. (This is also where you can play STAR WARS™: SECRETS OF THE EMPIRE hyper-reality experience!)
3. FastPass+: Disney FastPass+ service allows you to reserve a time-slot and ‘skip’ the regular wait times at select rides and attractions in the parks. This is INCLUDED with your park admission and each FastPass+ reservation allows you to 'skip the regular line' once within an hour time-frame.
4. Magic Band: A wrist band that serves as your room key (when staying on-site), park tickets/entrance and so much more, while at Disney World. You can also use it to pay for purchases throughout Disney property if your credit card is linked to your band. It makes vacationing at Disney so much easier, because you don't have to worry about having credit cards and other valuable items with you! AND you get them complimentary when you stay at an on-site Disney World Resort Hotel.
5. Monorail: A ‘train in the sky’ that connects various parks and resorts. Including: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Polynesian Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, and Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The ‘Monorail Resorts’ are highly sought after due to their added convenience with the Monorail. Most other resorts only offer bus and/or water taxi transport.
6. Character Dining: A meal at Disney World that includes & allows you to meet famous Disney Characters! They come by the tables, allowing you to get up close and personal for pictures and fun! It is a great way to see multiple characters in one setting. You can begin booking your dining reservations 180 days in advance, and for character meals, I highly recommend you do. Many of them book up FAST!
Annnnddd I couldn't help but add two more.. so let's just make it 8, shall we?
7. Disney's Magical Express: A complimentary round-trip motor coach service that transports on-site Disney Resort Hotel guests to and from Orlando International Airport. So convenient! (and a money saver)
8.) My Disney Experience: This is a website and app that allows you to make dining & FastPass+ reservations, see ride wait times, view park maps and sooo much more! It makes it easier to plan for your vacation and also helps you navigate around while you're at Disney World!
Well, that's a wrap! 7 Disney terms you really need to know before planning your vacation. Were there any you didn't know yet? Share them below!